You could be thinking that the only worry about hackers is stealing your credit card information. However, there are far more concerns than the basic ones. It evolves and surfacing every year in different forms. The range is enormous. If you read the reports, then you might decide to get rid of the computer and the internet entirely.
Instead, we should know how to recognize them, and the first step to do is protect ourselves and our data. I believe some necessary precautions and knowing whom to contact when seeing these criminal activities online are some vital steps to start with. A few years ago, someone had used my Costco membership card at the gas station, and recently someone did buy a product from eBay using my credit card. These cybercriminals targeting the computer network and not the individuals.it can range from security breaches to identity theft.
Anyone using the internet should follow some necessary precautions at their level.
- Use strong passwords (Combination of Alphanumeric, unique character, and number). You can enroll in some application who does create a password for you and save it in a password management application.
- make sure you have your software updated and installed at the right time. The purpose of software patches or installation is to overcome the limitation the previous version had.
- Manage your social media settings in such a way that you would be less vulnerable to these criminals. Don’t expose your personal information, such as a standard security question in Public. e.g., Your father’s middle name, Your mother’s maiden name, etc.
- Don’t be in a shared network except for Office Network. You never know your neighbor could be one of them. It’s a good idea to use a VPN whenever you are in a public Wi-Fi network, whether it’s in a library, hotel, or airport.
- Keep up to date on significant security breaches. Read articles on the security breaches.www.bankinfosecurity.com to keep abreast of the latest news.
Before Any Security Breach, Preparation is Key.
Neighbors are ruining my life | Page 2 | Grasscity Forums …. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/neighbors-are-ruining-my-life.825116/page-2